Marijuana capsules are an efficient & discreet way to ingest cannabis.
I Don’t Fill My Capsules With ABV oil
Cannabis capsules made at home are often filled with cannabis infused coconut oil.
I used to fill mine with this ABV coconut oil, but recently I started making my marijuana pills differently.
Filling tiny capsules with individual doses of cannabis coconut oil is not a simple task. It’s time-consuming and messy.
Now instead, I use ABV, or “already been vaporized” marijuana to fill my cannabis pills. The dry cannabis concoction is easier to work with than cannabis coconut oil.
Here’s a video of how I make marijuana pills:
I use these Fillable 00 Gelatin Capsules. Here’s a vegan version.
How Marijuana Pills Are Different Than Smoking
- Cannabis pills are stronger than smoking or vaporizing.
- Oral cannabis takes longer to work than smoking or vaporizing cannabis. They also last longer than smoking or vaporizing.
- Oral cannabis lasts longer than smoking or vaporizing.
ABV vs Decarboxylated Cannabis
- If you decide to use fresh cannabis to make capsules, you’ll need to decarboxylate the cannabis first.
- Decarboxylation means heating the cannabis flower. The heat converts THCA to THC.
- ABV weed does not need additional heat. The flower is heated enough during the vaporization process.
How to Decarboxylate Cannabis
Place marijuana in a covered dish and cook for 30-40 minutes in an oven at 230 degrees. Stir occasionally.
To be honest, if I were making capsules from freshly decarboxylated cannabis instead of ABV. I’d want the most effective method.
I would probably make cannabis coconut oil with my magical butter machine. Then I’d use this capsule filling tray to hold the capsules in place while I filled them.